You do not need any special equipment to begin training your family dog to assist your family and friends in a disaster or emergency situation.
Any dog, any age will help you look for lost family members or friends once you know how to ask the dog to help you.
Dog's are called Man's Best Friend because they are always willing to be there for us, ready to lend a paw whenever needed. With a little bit of education this natural instinct to please will come in handy during an emergency situation.
Equipment makes training easier but during an actual emergency equipment can be lost or not available due to location, rubble or flood waters. In that case, all you are left with is your dog which is why our dogs are the most important piece of disaster preparedness equipment we can invest in.
Throughout human existence the family dog has aided in our survival without any equipment but love.
All you need is;
1. The family Dog (any age will do)
2. One sock from each family member
3. Lots of encouragement praise, love
4. Dog treats for the less inclined dog
Extra Equipment which is useful as training progresses includes;
1. 20 ft long leash in a width that fits your dog's size.
2. A Harness for your dog for Tracking
3. Flat Collar with ID tag
4. A treat and equipment waist bag for you, a carpenter's nail bag works great!
6. Back Pack for your dog to carry first aid and survival supplies.
Gucci from Sausalito
More Lists, instructions and details are posted on the lessons page above.
Be sure and bookmark us or subscribe for new lessons.
Here's a Free Preview of my books
see on any device