Classic signs of anxiety in a dog are:
- Tucking their tail in
- Pacing and panting heavily
- Not looking directly into your eyes
- Trembling and shaking
- They may go off their food too
- They may begin to eliminate in the home
- Occasionally this may be displayed aggression
- Sometimes they also become destructive
How To Help A Dog With Anxiety
Much like humans, dogs respond great when they feel they are being taken care of. Here are a few things that you can do to help your best buddy relax in times of stress.
Learn to read your dog's body language, but if you are unsure, or think they may be in pain head to your vets for a chat and some peace of mind.